Here at the Maine Aquarium we value the fun in
education! While our exhibits offer an unbeatable way for
students to learn about aquatic underwater worlds, we believe
students can take even more away from the experience if they
begin their education in the classroom. Below are several Sample Worksheets and links to related Curriculum Resources and that
will help you prepare your students to get the most out of their
visit. Also visit our Calendar
of Events for a listing of special
educational programs being held at the aquarium and our Information Center to find out about valuable field trip discounts. We
look forward to seeing you!
Welcome Teachers and Students
to our Worksheets on life underwater....
Feel free to copy any of the worksheets here!
Caribbean Coral Reef:
- Magical Mystery
Tour-name these animals
- day world mini
- Unscramble the
- night world
The Prize of Maine:
- Maine Lobster
- University of Maine Lobster Quiz
Back to Kids Center
Other Excellent Curriculum Resources
- The Woods Hole Oceanographic
Institutions K-12 Resources--Unsurpassable Resources on
oceanography and marine topics
- Sea Turtle Tracking Education
wonderful interactive program allowing students to track
migrating sea turtles.
- Surf Your Watershed The U.S. EPA's online
educational program allowing students to locate their
local watershed and learn more about it.
- Whales A thematic web unit, encouraging
critical thinking, project galleries, and
multidisciplinary units. Lots of links to other teacher
guides, including the Eisenhower National Clearinghouse
for Math and Science Education.
- International Whaling Coalition Lots of current issues and
information on whales and other marine mammals.
- Wet Net Water Resources Education - a
list of links relating to the environment, educators,
- 4-star award winning
website on endangered species .
- National Wildlife Federation curriculum guide on endangered
- Animal Tracks a collection of environmental
education lessons ready for use in the classroom.
- Give Water a Hand an action guide for helping
water resources in your area.
- Links Reviews, summaries and
information about 100 curriculum guides focusing on
- The Jason Project Complete with teacher guides and
- Marine Mammals An internet-based learning
adventure designed to help students study the migrations
of various species including right whales, manatees, gray
whales and humpback whales.
- World Resource Institute's
Teacher Guides Guides
on topics such as Oceans and Coasts, Biodiversity, and
- Science Learning Network
Math/Science Center Server A Must See! Endless resources.
...teacher guides, maps, water quality testing guides,
grants. You name it. Don't miss this site.
- Teacher Guides from SeaWorld
- Marine and nature videos for sale through the National
- Eisenhower National Clearing
Mathematics and Science Education.
- The Globe Program An international environmental
science and educational program that allows schools to
participate in taking measurements and sharing their
- Web Sites and Resources for
hundreds of on-line curriculum links and activities
collected from Professors of Elementary Education at
California State University, Northridge.
- The Kids On the Web hundreds of links to general
- Ocean Planet A Smithsonian Institution
Traveling Interactive Exhibit on oceans. Also teacher
Other Educational Links...